Keeping camera & element position

I have only been using TBS for one week, and have good success in working with it, but I have come to a problem I can’t figure out a solution for. I am changing to the next scene, and it will start with a zoom in on one of my characters. So it is important to start the scene with the exact same camera angle and the size and position of the elements, otherwise there will be a bounce in position from scene to scene. I tried to copy and paste which is not allowed, and the drag in of library elements, does not keep the placement location and size. I have read about & tried to change the N. S. E. W. F. & B. numbers in the Properties dialogue, but either I don’t understand this method, or it too is not a workable way. (everywhere I click reads the same numbers)

(I am on a Macintosh platform)

I would appreciate any help on this issue.
–Rob

Well, I presume there’re different ways to do this.

The Motion Point Properties Window gives you pretty good control over the
position of the camera using numeric values (attach the camera to a peg
and select that peg).

Move the time-slider to your desired position and select the position “red square” of the camera in the viewport (with the Motion Tool) and type in the figures in the Offset windows
(you may have to move the red circle slightly to activate this keyframe).

To transfer your altered scenery from one Scene to another create a Master-peg
(give it a name, maybe S1) drag everything into it, collapse it, and drag that one
into your Library (local or global).
From there drag it into your next scene. Proceed with this technic as long as needed,
saving your scenery always into the Library and drag it into your next scene.

Doing it this way you have to create in every scene a new camera with motion-path (peg)
and adjusting the position for the first keyframe with the position of the “last keyframe of the scene before”.

If you would drag your camera within the Master-peg as well and save that to the Library, you would have an exact copy of your scenery (with camera move) you could use in your next scene -
(activate the saved camera from the “Camera List” drop-down, on top of the viewport,
otherwise you look through the wrong camera).
It’s always a good idea when creating a new camera to name it properly.

In this case you might have to, - first, - extend the exposure of all your elements,
- second, - go to the (new) last key-frame and set the camera-position, - third, - delete all
key-frames before the last (old) camera-key-frame, - fourth, - move all element in the timeline to frame one.
Create your move, save it to the Library and proceed to the next scene in the same way…

Cheers
Nolan

Thanks Nolan,
Great answer(s) to my question. I think the idea of making the whole scene as a master peg and dragging it to the library is a good one, and it sounds like the answer. Oddly enough, I just made a test of the two scenes as they are, and the transition accidentally turned out to be very smooth, so I’ll leave it, but I can’t wait to use the peg/library method for future scenes.
–Rob