jagged edges

I exported something as an uncompressed .avi file and it has very noticable jagged edges especially when enlarged. Is there a way to get rid of this?

Hi,

For sure if you enlarge the video to make it larger then it’s original resolution you will start getting jagged edge around your elements. If you feel the quality is still too small you could make your scene of a higher resolution with the same ratio.

This may help you with quality of the image. You may also want to check the file in another video player software. I noticed AVI don’t come out too well on Quicktime.

Regards,

Ugo

Thanks.

I also found out that if there is nothing in the background, it makes things a bit more jagged. The project involved ther not being any background in parts and the problem was most noticable in these parts, I went in and put a white background instead and it minimized the problem significantly

Hi,

Actually are you running under version 4.0 or 4.5. The behavior you are mentioning is something I have encountered in version 4.0. You may not get this result with every file format though so you may not notice this when exporting to Quicktime.

Regards,

Ugo