Is this the right download?

I got an email stating that there is a new sp1 for Animate2.
So, I uninstalled. I went to My Programs tab after logging in and downloaded. Reinstalled and now it still says the same build and march date under Help - About. 7.9.0 (5653) 2010-03-29.
Is this right?

Ditto. Seems like the Windows install file has not been updated.

Hi,

I would recommend to uninstall Animate again and once the uninstall is completed, go to Program Files > Toon Boom Animation and delete the Animate folder form there to make sure everything is clean.

Then install the SP1.

Let me know if it works.

Marie-Eve

I downloaded the SP1 (Mac) and installed. Launched Animate 2 and find this: Build 7.9.0 (5660) (2010-03-31).
Shouldn’t it be a new build???

Hi,

Oh sorry, I thought you were on Windows.
Yes, it is a new build.

Let me come back to you on this.

Marie-Eve

Hi,

The issue has been fixed on Toon Boom’s web site.
You can download the SP1 again. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Here are the instructions:

On Mac:

1. Download the new software from My Products in the My Account section (http://www.toonboom.com/members/).

2. Go to your Applications folder and if there is a folder item named Toon Boom Animate 2, select it and drag it to the Trash can, hence removing the previous version.

3. Open the dmg file.

4. Drag the software into the Applications folder.

5. Launch the software.

On Windows:

1. Download the new software from My Products in the My Account section (http://www.toonboom.com/members/).

2. Uninstall the software by using the Add or Remove Programs in Windows XP or Programs and Features in Windows 7 and Vista, from the Control panel. You do not need to return the license, it should remain as is.

3. Double-click on the .exe file.

4. Install the new software.

5. Launch the software.

Note: The license file can remain installed as is, it will simply apply to the new software installed. No change is necessary.

The steps are the same for Animate and Animate Pro with the exception of Step 2 on MAC where you will need to uninstall Toon Boom Animate Pro 2 by moving it to the Trash.

Marie-Eve

Yes, it works. At least on Mac.

great!

Is the window build a 9/15/2010 build date?

Thanks.

Ny Mac version seems to be the same Build 7.9.0 but different date: 2010-09-15

Hi,

The build number for Animate Pro 2 is 7.9.1 6016.
The build number for Animate 2 is 7.9.0 6015.

Marie-Eve

Bingo! I got it.