Is there an easy way to do this?

I want to be able to drop drawings, as in keyframes or extremes, and have them stay visible until the next drawing in the timeline so I can drag them around and get timings worked out.

Obviously when you put in one drawing in, it plays for one frame (blinks at you). Then you see nothing until your next drawing. Then if you drop your next key drawing in some number of frames later, that just blinks at you too. So when you play over your animation, you see “blink”, nothing…“blink”. But if you extend the first exposure so you can actually see the drawing, it pushes the remaining drawings on the layer down by the number of frames you extend it. The blank space between frames is preserved, so the timing of the next keyframe you’ve dropped in is blown.

But what I’d like to do is be able to essentially storyboard - in other words, have the first drawing remain visible until the next one on the layer.

I know I could “copy and paste” the drawing the number of frames I want it to play. Yes, it’s a nightmare, but that’s what I’ve had to do to keep my timings between my keys constant. But is there a better way?

Thanks in advance!

I suggest that you visit the Cartooning in Toon Boom WIKI, here is the page that addresses the technique you need:

Adjusting Animation Timing With Set Exposure and the Cells Panel -JK

Thanks, I’ll have a look.