Is there a way to paint the outline and the inside with one texture? (without having edges, just one texture on top)

Hello! So actually the title says it all.

Is there a way to paint the outline and the inside with one texture? (without having edges, just one texture on top)

I know that I can paint the outlines with a texture as well. I’d like to have one “flowing” texture from the inside merging into the outline without having weird edges because I painted it twice with the same texture.

Also, does anyone know what’s the best way to erode an outline (get a “chalk like” look)?

thanks in advance!

Just connect the composite or drawing to the matte of the texture, it should cut a shape in the texture. (Left of the node).

“Chalk like” look is available in the tool properties of the drawing tool you’re using (click the little triangle next to the brush/pencil preview), or in the select tool if you pick a line that’s already drawn.

thanks a lot! it worked and tt got closer to the look I wanted to achieve :slight_smile:

do you happen to know how to animate this texture so it’s not like the animation is moving on a flat texture? Like, randomize its position and angle instead of arranging it for every frame?

I also added two screenshots in the original post above considering the following problem. I also tried to add texture with override colour and a selfmade texture but none of the color override modes seems to put the texture on both, the colour and the outline, although they’re both the same colour. Either it doesn’t affect the outline at all or it does something really weird and ugly with it (v01), but the texture inside of v02 would be the ideal look - any suggestions on how to solve this problem?

thanks in advance, really appreciating the help :slight_smile:

Put a peg above your texture to animate it’s general position, then put a Quake node between the peg and the drawing : It will add the shake effect you desire.
Go in the properties of the node to adjust the effect as you need.

If you want to use the colour override node to create your matte, use the “render selected colors only” tab and select “Render selected colours” in the dropdown menu.