Is there a way to make the layer order in timeline coordinate with Top?

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a way to make the layer order in the timeline coordinate with the Top? I have things that are lower in the layers and it should be behind the one above but most times it goes in front of the layer I want it to be.

Also, why is it that some things that are nested in another layer cannot be seen in the Top (purple or yellow) unless it is taken out of the parent layer? Is there a setting that will make it be seen so I can move it in front?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Unfortunately, there isn’t a way to get what you want. You don’t exactly have to see the drawings on the Top view to actually get to organize them. You can use the hierarchy of your nodes so you can select drawings you want to go infront or back altogether, and drag them forward/backward on the Top view accordingly. Also, make sure your composites are in “pass through” if you wish to overlap drawings from multiple nests.

Hi auramancer,

Thanks for the reply!

Do you mean that I can adjust the order of what is in front and back by disconnecting the “wires” in the node view? If that is so, I will learn how to do this in the summer as the concept currently baffles me.

Thanks for the tip!
Garrett

I am not sure about the “disconnecting of the wires” thing but you can adjust the Z depth arrangement of the drawing nodes regardless of how they are connected to the composite, or on any other part for that matter. Just make sure the composite/s is/are on “pass through” (check the Layers Properties for this) and that the “Maintain Aspect Ratio” tool In the Advanced Animation toolbar is activated.