Are they design to function on both?
In my opinion, I will skip TBH Essential and go for TBH Advance.
TBH Essentials seem like a downgrade of Animate 3 or Animator Pro3.
Both of course! Harmony allows you to do frame by frame (traditional) animation or play with more advanced technique like the Cut-Out animation. You can even combine both.
The only difference you may find between Essentials, Advanced or Premium is the complexity of the tools available for cut-out. Going from a basic toolset in Essentials, to a very sophisticated toolset in Premium.
Ohh. Okay. Thank you very much for the feedback!
To continue on what Frederic was saying, Harmony is used:
- in schools for student projects such as science explainer videos,
- for paper traditional animation (scanned in Harmony, painted, composited)
- for standard cut-out animation
- for really advanced cut-out animation -see the Lion Guard!!! http://blog.toonboom.com/creative-corner/the-lion-guard-roars-in-the-ratings
- for traditional paperless animation -see Avril et le Monde Truqué: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CeRmyassi4
And for more examples of projects done with Harmony, see our ShowCase and Production pages:
hope this helps!