Interface is very tiny on Surface Pro

I’m using Pro 3 on a Surface Pro and I find that the interface is very tiny, almost to the point that I can’t see what I’m doing. Is there any way to increase the size of the icons and text so I won’t be forced to use the magnifier?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Toon Boom Animation\Toon Boom Animate Pro 3\resources\stylesheets\app.qss

appears to be where Animate gets at least a couple of its interface layouts, but there does not appear to be any documentation. Is there any documentation available for this file?

Hi, There,
Basically Surface Pro has only 10.6’’ display, although it said 1920x1080 pixels resolution but you will have small text or icons in the small display.
Unfortunately, there’s no way to change the Animate Pro 3 layout to solve the problem.You can try to change different type of work place from workplace manager.
Thanks

We are definitely going to work on having more tablet-friendly UI in the future, with larger buttons, and buttons for everything. The new Cintiq Companion has a much larger screen, which is way more friendly for running a full OS. But we are also working on ways to make the interface work on smaller screens.

-Lilly

I have just started running the trial version.
I have a 4k monitor (imac retina on bootcamp) and the icons + text is positively tiny!

It looks like a great piece of software but I’m already squinting after just a few minutes… :frowning:
I just don’t think I could get used to it the way it is now.

We are aware of the demand for a high-resolution version of
the software interface. For now, try temporarily change your
monitor display to a lower resolution when using the software.

Is there a release date for a high-res interface?

Was really excited to download Harmony, was shocked to see how blurry and pixelated it is.

I mentioned it to support when resolving another issue recently and the response was:

“Unfortunately our software is not supporting 4K for now.”

Very disappointing.

You can hack the screen for an individual app to make it larger for now. It does not mess up the program itself just resizes the display of that program. Not a perfect solution but it definitely works as I did it on my Surface Pro 2.
Halfway down the post below is “Hacking the Screen” Follow the instructions and it totally works.

http://www.animationinsider.com/2015/06/the-surface-pro-2-from-an-animators-perspective/

Hey there. So it’s been 2 years I have a Wacom Cintiq Companion 2 and Toonboom harmony is essentially unusable. I love the program but I can’t do my work. I’ve been looking into using alternative programs but I’d really rather not leave Toonboom. It’s been 2 years any updates on when or IF you guys will fix this? We love y’all please help us!

Hey there. So it’s been 2 years I have a Wacom Cintiq Companion 2 and Toonboom harmony is essentially unusable. I love the program but I can’t do my work. I’ve been looking into using alternative programs but I’d really rather not leave Toonboom. It’s been 2 years any updates on when or IF you guys will fix this? We love y’all please help us!

you found any solution for 4k

We’ve tried that. do you guys have a solution for us yet?

Update: I have tried harmony 14 on My companion and it seems that they have finally Solved this is sue!! Thank You ToonBoom!!

Whoa, this worked with Harmony 14 on My brand new Surface Pro 4. Thanks for sharing!