Interface is microscopic on new computer

I’ve seen this topic posted before in threads over a few years ago for Toon Boom Animate and Studio, but not for Harmony 12.

I just bought a new computer, a Lenovo Yoga 900, and its native resolution is 3200 x 1800. This makes Harmony 12 very very very very small, nearly unreadable. I’ve changed my resolution as a temporary fix but has there been any changes to address this problem?

Thanks

With a HD 1080p resolution you have good balance between work area and readability, I’d say, with screens from 21" above. If I have to, I can work in my 15" laptop. My problem is not the size of the icons, but the small areas to work. I can imagine that doubling the pixels on a small screen would mean a lot of detail for drawing areas, photos and videos, but a bit hard to read things such as icons.

I don’t know if there’s a perfect fix for that. You can change the ‘zoom’ size of your screen (125% or 150%) in Windows and see if it works for you. Of course, it’s probably not the solution you’re looking for, but a bigger external display should be better to work with Harmony than a laptop screen or arranging your workspace in both screens.

Maybe Toon Boom could add display options with several icon sizes for such situations in next versions.

Luis Canau

I tested 12 last night and have the same problem on the surface pro 4 this is a problem that actually toonboom has to solve.

This is going to be an issue with many developers, not just TB, the 4K / retina monitors are just so hi-res. I love mine, but yes, it makes fonts miniscule.

This might help (though if like me you’re sticking with Win7, you’re screwed; still, one reason at least to upgrade to Win 10):

http://lifehacker.com/how-to-make-windows-work-better-with-super-high-resolut-1711254465

I have tried that before. didn’t help really. In the 7 months ago when this was posted I wrote toonboom about it even their suggestion didn’t work and I hope the next version of software will be fine.