Intel GMA 4500MHD Integrated Graphics

I am getting an HP TM2 tablet PC (Wacom) that uses “Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD (shared) with up to 1695MB total available Graphics Memory.” Will this cut it for ToonBoom Studio?

Other specs:

Operating system Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Processor Intel Core 2 Duo Processor SU7300

Processor speed 1.3GHz

Memory 4GB DDR3 System Memory (2 DIMM); Max supported =8192MB

Hi,

You should be able to run the software with this machine. The only thing is that the integrated card is not quite optimal but should still be doing the job. It is somewhat the downside of getting a laptop, most of them come with intel integrated card which for seemingly similar specs and speed will be less efficient then brand card.

Best regards,

Ugo

what version of toon boom studio do you have?

if you have v4 or lower, then that machine will work just fine. but if you’re planning on using tbs 5, then i think your processor speed is a little slow. i don’t remember exactly, but i think in order to run tbs 5 on windows, you need at least 2GHz processor, 3Ghz recommended.

again, all depends on what version of tb you’re using.

also, i’ve been going nuts over the graphics cards myself. i need one that will run both maya 2010 and tbs 5. from what i’m told, your particular graphics card might slow you up; however, i had a similar machine (albeit w/ a faster processor) and tbs 5 worked just fine.

then again, i’m told you might want to go w/ an nvidia geforce card for 2d, which they say is best; next in line is the quadro line, and then ati.

still, i had the same graphics card on my other laptop as you have, which they say isn’t exactly the best, and oddly enough, it worked perfectly.

so shrug. anyhow, if you’re going to use tbs 5, then you might want to go w/ at least 2GHz intel processor.

hope that helps! 8)