installation and languages

Hello everybody
Acording to you, is it possible to have TBS interface in english while having my OS in another language ?
If it is possible, how ?
The french reseller tells me that my OS being in french, TBS will automatically install itself in french.
I wish I could solve this issue before buying TBS.
Why is it so important to me ?
While working on the trial version , I realised how cumbersome it was to have a user’s guide in one language and the interface in another.
Thank you!
Robin

Hi Robin,

Which OS are you using (Mac or PC)?

There is a way in both but Mac one is somehow more troublesome to achieve.

Best regards,

Ugo

Hi Robin,

In fact, as long as you have access to the user account that installed the application it won’t be that complicated to change (although it is not obvious). Sorry for scaring you I looked back on how to do it (we aren’t ask this very often) and what you have to do is go find where you have installed the Toon Boom Studio v4.0.app then right click on it (cntrl+click) and do Get Info. If you are using the same account you used to installed the application you should have access to the Language section. Uncheck French and make sure to check English. This should do the trick.

If you don’t have access to that account you might have to change some permissions which may require you do do stuff from the terminal (which in this case is more complicated).

Hope this help.

Best regards,

Ugo

Well, this sounds great.
Thanks, Ugo.