Impossible to import swf

Hi, I’m trying to import in Studio 5 my previous animation made in Flash but I’m having problems.

If I import the whole animation I don’t have any problems, but since it’s a mess I wanted to separate objects in Flash directly so I have made a FLA file with the object that I want to import. I pubblish it, but whenever I try to import it Studio warns me that the swf might not be a proper swf or it is write protected. If I import the whole animation I don’t have any problem.

http://www.ziorip.com/images/noimport.jpg

Any idea?

Thanks in advance

Hi,

That usually mean that either the file is corrupted/unsupported or during it’s export from Flash the option Protect From Import was used to prevent it from being used by other application.

During your export from Flash make sure this option is not set on and the parameters of the Flash are set to Flash Player 6 to make sure the file will be fully compatible.

Best regards,

Ugo

hi, the problem is that in my publish settings I didn’t put any tick on protect from import and the swf works perfectly in the player.

This thing is happening to me with any new sfw that I do, even if my publish settings are as below:

http://www.ziorip.com/images/publish.jpg

Hi,

Change the Player to Flash Player 6.0. If it still doesn’t work after that You may want to try removing the Compress movie/Include hidden layers/Include XMP metadata.

Regards,

Ugo

Thank you Ugo.
It works, but the weird thing is that the publish settings for the only one swf that was working were exactely like the ones showed in the image above and that they didn’t work in any other SWF document.
???

Hi,

The fact you turned the Flash Player to 6 basically stripped out any new features from the file. This being said, it is quite possible to export Flash 10 files that are fully Flash 6 compliant without having to strip anything. It may have been a single element that used an option that did not exist at the time to prevent the file from exporting.

Best regards,

Ugo

ok thanks :slight_smile: