Importing Sound Problem

So, I got Toon Boom Harmony Essentials 12.2, and I have been loving it! I’ve really gotten this stuff down, but one problem, that I’ve seen others posts about, is the sound. I created a Sound layer, clicked on the little blue note, the box opened up, I right clicked on the Sound Element section, inserted sound, but the wavelength goes flat. It’s strange, everytime I try import audio, it keeps appearing flat and I can’t seem to find a solution. Does anyone have any suggestions or can help me with my problem? It’d much appreciated and thanks :slight_smile:

BTW I tried converting my sound file into a WAV, but it still didn’t work. :frowning:

Tried that, and it didn’t work :frowning: Thank you for the suggestion though! Any other tips you got?

Do you have Quicktime installed?

Have you tried zooming in to see whether it just looks flat because it is zoomed out?

Yep, I have Quicktime installed, and I did try zooming in :frowning: Thank you for those tips by the way, any other suggestions?

In the Sound Layer mouse-over the Parameters until you see the Horizontal-Double-Arrow,
Hold down the mouse-button, then move left or right, decreasing or increasing the sound wave.

Make sure the Sound button is checked in the Timeline.

www.nolanscott.co.nz

Please provide a download-link to your sound-file.

longzijun.wordpress.com/2011/11/24/short-instrumental-themes/

I eventually converted this into a WAV file

No problem here, using “Dramatic Intro.wav” as test-file.

Can you send me the link from where you downloaded Quicktime? Maybe I’m not downloading the correct one?

I am using QuickTime 10.4 and QuickTime 7.6.6 Pro on a Mac computer.
If you are using a PC ? Try this link:
https://support.apple.com/kb/DL837?locale=en_US

I’m using a Surface 3 laptop :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok, so I figured it out, thank you everyone for helping! But for people looking at this forum for help on the issue, here is what I did:

1. Install Quicktime
  2. Restart your computer
  3. Boom! It should work! :slight_smile: Try adding sound and you’ll see the waves

Thank you everyone again!