Importing multiple character rigs to the same scene

Hello,

I am encountering a problem when importing a character rig into a scene that already has another character in it. First off, I should say that I don’t even know if I am properly importing the characters. The only way I can figure out is to copy and paste the network for the character into my desired scene. This seems to work, however my rigs have become fairly complicated and now when I import rigs this way it seems that they get corrupted in the process. Many parts of them will be completely missing drawings, deformers will be stretched in strange ways, and the character basically explodes. I have been able to work around this problem by importing the rig in small pieces at a time and then rebuilding it in the new scene, however this is very tedious and time consuming. What is the proper way that I should be importing multiple characters into the same scene?

Using the library

Please elaborate

It’s a pretty full subject to go into here, there are tutorials for animate pro on this site which apply to harmony.
Basically the standard way of using cutout characters is to make a template ( or templates for different views ) and save this to the library.
The character template can then be imported into a new scene along with any other different characters ( characters templates previously saved to the library ).
Furthermore action templates can be created for say, walk, run cycles for a specific character rig and view. These can again be saved to the library an applied to the same character in a different scene.

Thus the library can be built up with characters and actions, this is the very essence of reuse in harmony and really is THE workflow for series based cutout animation.

Hope this points you in the right direction of a big subject :slight_smile: