Importing audio/video from DVD

I’d like to enter the contest at Cartoon Smart: to recreate a short clip of a film as animation. I’d like to use clips from DVDs I already own, or you tube clips. I’m using a Mac, and haven’t found a free converter online yet. What is the best and/or easiest way to import this content as a .mov file?

I imported a .mov file from my digital camera, and found the audio didn’t sync to the video. Is there a setting that I must configure in order to make it run correctly?

Thank you for any help! :slight_smile:

Did you copy over the .mov file to the computer before you imported it? If you play back the .mov file before importing it into the software, does the audio match up with the video? Which version of the software are you using?

~Lilly
Toon Boom Support

I imported the file to my desktop, then imported into Animate 2 (NOT the Pro version).
The .mov file worked fine in imovie, and quicktime.
This file is a video I took of my television with my digital camera. I’d much rather import the content straight from disk if possible.

Mike

I think the best thing to do here is email support@toonboom.com directly and then they can take a look at your file and see what’s going on.

~Lilly
Toon Boom Support