Imported Movie Blacked Out

Howdy! I’m having some issues and I haven’t found any solutions online anywhere.

I have an imported movie file set up at the back of my project. Initially, the footage displayed perfectly fine. After opening the project later, the footage is entirely blacked out. After reopening the project a couple times, the footage was displaying properly again.

I’m having the same issue. When I attempt to import something into a new project, footage is blacked out. When I export the project, the imported footage is present, displayed fine.

I’m not sure if I messed up some of my personal user settings, but I could really use some help! I have a time-sensitive project coming up, and I’m starting to worry. Please lemme know if there’s any other information I can provide that might help!

I reopened the project a second ago and the imported footage is perfectly visible again. Regardless, I’d like to know why Harmony’s behavior is completely unpredictable… I’d really appreciate some help here.

It likely that Windows is badly managing the graphic card resources where OpenGL is concerned.
If you have an NVidia graphic card open the NVidia Control Panel.
Go to the “Manage 3D Settings” section.
On the “Program Settings” tab create a custom profile for Harmony.

Set the “OpenGL Rendering GPU” to only the NVidia card.
Set the “Power Management Mode” to “Prefer Maximum Performance”

I just saw this post now, sorry for the late response! I followed your instructions and Harmony has started working without issue! If any issues arise I’ll post another reply, but I’m hoping it works. Thank you so much for your help!

Changing these settings have helped me a lot, thank you! However, I’ve found that when Harmony tries to open from my second monitor (Cintiq), the program crashes before opening. I’m not sure if this is a related issue?