Imported Image Shows up as Black Rectangle

I’ve updated Toon Boom Harmony Essentials recently and for some reason I keep encountering this issue. Each time I try to import an image or video, it shows up as a black rectangle/square. I’ve tried turning on the vectorization on the image, and the result is the same. I’ve also uninstalled and reinstalled Toon Boom and restarted my computer and this issue kept happening.

I’ve been able to import both bitmap and vectorized images in the past. Does anyone know what I should do to fix this issue?

1 Like

Hi there. Sadly I don’t have a solution, just wanted to say I have this issue as well. This is the first place I’ve seen this issue actually mentioned.

I’ve been trying to embed some pencil tests into various spots in an animatic and I’ve tried everything. I always end up getting hundreds of these black squares. It’s very frustrating because the tutorial videos make it look like a simple push of a button.

I just renewed my subscription, so if I stumble across anything I will update here. Good luck.

@MeadowlarkImageworks contact support they will help you out.