Import Illustrator with Layers into Harmony 10.0.1

I owned Animate 2 for a couple of years and now I have Harmony 10.0.1. I have been using the new Harmony program for a while now and today I went to import some new Illustrator CS6 and CS4 .ai drawings as this is my usual workflow. In order to set up the script to import Illustrator files with layers as I had done in Animate 2 I found 2 scripts on the Toon Boom forums. I had loaded and used the shorter one in Animate 2 and I had used it for years. Now in Harmony the script always returns a qt debugger error as it "Can’t find variable: Application.special folders.bin + "/Pdfimport… " See attached snapshots. The same thing with the other, longer script. As an experiment I have tried using my .tpl files from Animate 2 and they work in Harmony as layered Illustrator files. But the same Illustrator .ai files I used in Animate 2 to generate .tpl files, still won’t convert in Harmony the .ai files into .tpl files. I need to be able to import Illustrator .ai files with layers and the scripts won’t generate a .tpl file

http://www.ericson.net/content/2011/06/export-illustrator-layers-andor-artboards-as-pngs-and-pdfs/

Thanks for sending this link, I am glad you came across my post. Your script works great and it is easy. I followed your link and did a “Save As”, “Page Source” out of Safari. Put that .js file into Illustrator CS6 Scripts folder. Opened Illustrator and exported each layer as an individual .pdf file using your MultiExport script, it did 25 layers in seconds. And “File-Import” the ai into Harmony as a group. It made the .tpl files immediately. I was painfully trying to run the PdfImport script manually out of OS X Terminal as TechSupport advised. You’re my hero, thanx a ton.
Is there a Harmony 10 script that will take these .tpl files and copy their name to the clipboard, paste the .tpl files into a new timeline drawing layer, paste in name from clipboard, and then save them as a symbol? Later I would need to set the subs for a certain element or layer up in a single symbol as I like to swab symbol subs in the timeline. I could try writing this script in Harmony, but since it seems like the natural next step. Maybe someone has done this already?

I tried the above mentioned Illustrator script and it works! Now if only someone could write a new script so that we can do it directly in Harmony 10.3. The old script doesn’t work.

Hi all,

I’m new to Toonboom. I just got Harmony 10,3, I tried this script but reading it, there’s no folder mentionned there so, maybe the script doesn’t know wich folder to open…

i have recently tried harmony 12 i am illustrator worker and can only work in illustrator for drawing so plz can any body give solution for importing illustrator file with all his layers
plz plz help me

Thanx

i have recently tried harmony 12 i am illustrator worker and can only work in illustrator for drawing so plz can any body give solution for importing illustrator file with all his layers
plz plz help me

Thanx

Save the Illustrator file as a CS2 file then just import into Harmony using the “import SWF, Illustrator files to Library” from the menu. It will create a template in your Library, just drag it to the stage or timeline and all the layers will be there including the names from Illustrator. I’m using Harmony 12 Premium so not sure if it works for older versions of Harmony.

I’m using harmony 10.3 and inside Illustrator CC 2014 there’s a script to “export doc as flash” in the file menu. After that, you can import the .swf file to your library in file>import swf, illustrator file to library. All drawings will be a clone and all paths that you created, will be located in the drawing substitution.
So I duplicated, the .tvg cloned and replace it and change each drawing option inside it then delete that specific drawing from the top meny Drawing>Delete Selected Drawing.
It’s a hard work but you don’t need to bother about scripts that not work and it’s works"
Not sure if there is that script in earlier versions of adobe illustator.

Hi,

I want to import Adobe illustrator files to Harmony12 WITH LAYERS but can’t find any successful way. I followed steps told in the tutorial but the can’t find any template files in the directory where original illustrator files are saved.

Here’s the link to the tutorial I followed- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NetQNRVBwOA

Also, When I try to import illustrator files (without layers) via library into harmony, some of the effects didn’t show up in harmony. For example- Adobe illustrator’s transparency settings etc didn’t show up in harmony 12.

Please can anyone help?

I’m having the same problems !! Did u find a solution?

I’m using Illustrator CS6
Toon boom harmony 12

My files doesn’t have spaces, accented and special characters in the filename. I’m following exactly what is saying here.

http://docs.toonboom.com/help/harmony-12/premium-network/Content/CORE/

But i’m stuck up in the third step!! My dialog box to rename my file doesn’t appeared like is saying because after importing nothing else happened.

• First step OK
  • Second step . File > Import > SWF, Illustrator files to library. OK / Right- click on any unlocked folder and select IMPORT FILES
    ( I did right-click on stage library and choose my file but then nothing happen)

Am I doing something wrong?

I’m having the same problems !! Did u find a solution?

I’m using Illustrator CS6
Toon boom harmony 12

My files doesn’t have spaces, accented and special characters in the filename. I’m following exactly what is saying here.

http://docs.toonboom.com/help/harmony-12/premium-network/Content/CORE/

But i’m stuck up in the third step!! My dialog box to rename my file doesn’t appeared like is saying because after importing nothing else happened.

• First step OK
  • Second step . File > Import > SWF, Illustrator files to library. OK / Right- click on any unlocked folder and select IMPORT FILES
    ( I did right-click on stage library and choose my file but then nothing happened)

Am I doing something wrong?

I’m having the same problem…