Image sequence export hangs

Hey all, my first post. I’m about at my wits end. I’m using Toon Boom Studio 6 for my Mac. I’m finding that all of my exports as a png image sequence fails. My ragdoll is built using illustrator files. I’ve had reasonable success with smaller, 30 frame animations but I have one now that’s 222 frames. I need all the frames to be in order. My record is 50 frames exported before it hangs. I’ve tried my file in the demo version of 7 for both Mac and PC, both do the same thing. Both machines are core i5s with at least 4 gigs of ram each.

Anything you can suggest I’ll try. If I can’t get these export problems ironed out, I may have to jump ship for another software product, it’s costing me way too much time.

Thanks again!

The scene needs to be checked but check your task manager for the usage or physical ram and CPU usage. Keep in mind that Toon Boom Studio is 32 bit application that it can not handle much memory compare to 64 bit application.
If it hangs on certain frame always, try rendering it before and after that frame and render only that frame after. If it still does not render on specific frame, check and modify that frame to see if it works

It’s definitely not a particular frame. I’ve had it render 50 frames before and stop and I’ve had it get stuck on the second one. Haven’t been able to replicate it stopping on the same frame. Is this an unusual issue? I’m wondering if it has to do with the size of the animation being 222 frames.

Frame size might not be an issue but the complexity of the project might be. Have you checked the usage of the resources such as CPU and RAM?
In case you have heavy BG, have you tried disable some layers by unchecking them from Time Line to find out what might cause the crash?