I have to enter product key every time I start the app.

I installed the Storyboard 1.5 trial on my Mac mini (Lion). It expired after 10 days. I bought Storyboard 1.5 from the Toon Boom site. I downloaded and installed it on my PC. Put in the product code. No problems.

On the Mac, I zapped the Storyboard trial folder and downloaded and installed the full version. Entered my product code. It said, “Thank you for purchasing Toon Boom Storyboard.” Just like it had on the PC.

All OK so far. Shut down Storyboard. Opened it up a little later. It wanted my name, company, and product key again. I put it in again. Got the same thank-you-for-purchasing message. But I have to put that info in every time I start the app. That can’t be right.

I’m a little hesitant to uninstall and re-install until I get some feedback from someone. Thanks for any advice.

I looked in the Knowledge Base. I didn’t see anything about this.

Only the trial version is time-based. Try uninstalling the trial version.

Beyond that, it’s possible that some security setting or antivirus program is preventing a permanent update of the location that the license info is written to or that the license application is being opened in “Sandbox” mode. Either way, you would need to contact support for further investigation.

Same thing is happening to me. I bought the softwear 3 days ago and already I have put the lisence key in everytime I’ve opened it (about 5 times). Very frustrating!

If you have entered your license key using an administrator user account and have disabled the antivirus temporarily but are still forced to enter the license activation code each time to launch the program then contact support to have a look on your system to assist you.

Having the same issue. Every time I launch, I have to enter my name, company, and license each time. Huge problem.

Provided you are logged-in as an admin user, select Storyboard Pro (in the Applications folder) and Ctrl+Click it to “Show Package Contents”; then go into Contents-MacOS.

Now open a terminal window from Applications-Utilities and type:
sudo
followed by a space character.

Now drag the StoryboardPro file from step 1 onto the terminal window and hit enter. You will be asked for your Mac user password. If your Admin user account does not have a password you will not be able to use the sudo command and this procedure will fail.

I purchased SB 1.5 recently. Found out every time I quit and launch the program it asks for the name/comp/lk. Very annoying. Tried the above method which did not work. Just took me to the site to register and open an account with the website which I already have.

Any help greatly appreciated!
*Running on Mac OS 10.9.2 Mavericks

Purchased on April 24. I had the same issue where I had to re-enter my info every time I launch the program. I called tech support directly today and they resolved via Teamviewer (through Terminal).

I believe someone in this thread posted the Terminal fix. If that is not something you want to mess with on your own I advise calling them directly and they can help you resolve.

OK so here is how I solved this issue.

First I emailed and called the Customer Support and they did not get back to me. Customer Support did not work for me.

I used the solution of rkriz except and it did not work as described because of a small error. I will describe step by step for everybody.

This solution is only for MAC OSX

1. From the finder navigate to Toon Boom Storyboard inside is Toon Boom storyboard.
  2. Control Right Click and select Show package.
  3. Navigate to Content / MACOS there is a file called Storyboard.
  4. Open a terminal window
  5. Type in the terminal window “sudo -su”
  6. Type password
  7. Drag the file storyboard into the terminal window.
  8. Storyboard open and is requesting name, company and code.
  9. Fill in and you are done.

That doesn’t seem to be working

Excuse my ignorance (being an artist and all) but are you saying to type sudo-su but presumably not the " marks. Then hit enter? then type my admin password? then drag the file storyboard?

AW

Actually you are mistaken… It WAS working and opening the splash page, instead of selecting the option to “Register Later” or “Never Register”, you mistakenly picked “Register Now” and must have cancelled the whole operation.

If you have never before used a terminal, you should request help (from Support) because there are a few places where you can go off the rails if you are unfamiliar with the procedure.

Hi AW,

I was having trouble too for a while, but finally figured it out. I’ve amended arooly’s directions:

1. From the finder navigate to Toon Boom Storyboard inside is Toon Boom storyboard.
  2. Control Right Click and select Show package.
  3. Navigate to Content / MACOS there is a file called Storyboard.
  4. Open a terminal window
  5. Type in the terminal window “sudo” then add a space (don’t hit Enter)
  6. Drag the file storyboard into the terminal window. It should append the file path after sudo. Hit Return (it might automatically do this, I don’t really remember)
  7. You’ll be prompted for your Admin password.
  8. Storyboard open and is requesting name, company and code.
  9. Fill in and you are done.

Hope that clarifies it,

dh