how to save a project in an older version?

Hi there, I’m wondering how does it works when I have to save a TB storyboard project generated in 4.0 version (the last) and I need it to be opened in a 2.0 version program. It appear to be an easy question I know, but i really don’t have found any info about it. Can anyone help me?

i found this in the user guide

“Toon Boom Storyboard Pro 4 has an optimized file structure that has reduced number of folders. For this reason,
once a project is saved in this version, it can no longer be opened in Storyboard Pro 2. However, Toon Boom
Storyboard Pro 4 is fully backwards compatible and will open files created by older versions of Storyboard Pro.”

not what you wanted to hear.

don’t know if there is a workaround or not.

You can open a project created in the older version using the newer version of the software but not the reverse.

If you are collaborating with other Storyboard artists on the same project, it is strongly recommended that you work in the same version of the software because there is usually a two-way flow when editing storyboard projects in collaboration.

Of course, if you are freelancing with a studio that has an older version, just don’t take the job and starve. Or be a salesman, and convince them to $upgrade$ just because YOU dont have the same version as theirs. Big thumbs up for Toon Boom! Always so thoughtfull!

If you are making a living as a freelancer you can afford to pass on work or you have a backup plan to smooth out the ebbs and flows.

I have the three last versions of Harmony (I’m just considering 64-bit versions) and there was an occasion I had to work with an older version to be compatible with people I was collaborating with. There might be useful to have previous versions installed, the same license should work. If you can’t get the file TB might supply it for a reasonable amount or even free depending on what you purchased (namely Gold Support), but if you work as a freelance you should be able to make money to compensate for such investments.

Luis Canau

How do you know what a freelancer can and can not pass on?!?!?! Any freelancer is likely to need MORE work not less simply because it DOES ebb and flow and is not steady. You don’t know when the next gig will come. Either you’re not a freelancer or that’s a typo because your answer is the definition of the word ‘wrong’.

You misinterpreted my words.

You either have so much work that you can afford to pass on jobs or you have a back up plan to smooth out the lulls. If you don’t have more work than you can complete and you don’t prepare for the lulls you probably should not be living solely off freelance work.