how to reset inbetween motion keyframes in a layer?

Hi,

when using motion keyframes, Is there a way to reset the inbetween movements? how to clean a layer or an area from a inbetween movement in order to set a new one inbetween movement in that layer?

I created motion keyframes for several layers.
each layer has a lot of motion keyframes.
(the arrow that appears in motion keyframe and the symbol of keyframe are displayed).

the problem is that some inbetween keyframes are movements that I dont want, because the imagenes were moved randomly when exporting to openGL.

so I need to reset the motion kyframes or the movemens in a layer and set a new motions keyframe for that layer.

I have tried selecting all the cells and pressing F7 deleting keyframes.
Also I have tried copy-cut-paste special, advanced, and uncheck the motion option. but the old motion keyframe in the inbetweens is no t deleted.

now the motion keyframe arrow symbol and the keyframe symbol has gone from each layer, but if I move across the timeline, the motion continues in the places that were inbetween the layers.

any idea about how to remove-reset the motion that remains in the inbetween keyframes?

I have tried F6 for cell 1 and the last , also trying to set stop-motion keyframe and then turning on motion keyframes, but the old motion created auomatically remains -in that inbetweens-.

And also, as there is no a display of in which cells starts the inbetween with movement I have to check frame by frame each layer, but ifI change the position of the image where the old inbetween motion starts, I have to change the motion o the next cell, and so on, because it is mantained in the system.

So, the only solution that I found is to delete all that layers, and started again. but I supose that there should be a way to reset the motion created inbetween the motion keyframes.

when using motion keyframes, Is there a way to reset the inbetween movements? how to clean a layer or an area from a inbetween movement in order to set a new one inbetween movement in that layer?

thanks a lot
;D

I am not totally following you here on what’s going on. Perhaps you could link a screenshot to illustrate?

Are you simply animating an object with the transform tool, creating motion keyframes, and then later on deciding that you don’t want these keyframes anymore? You should be able to select your frames, then right-click and hit Delete Keyframes - does this not do what you want?

~Lilly
Toon Boom Support

Hi Lilly,

Yes, I was simply animating an object with the transform tool, creating motion keyframes, and then later on deciding that I don’t want these keyframes anymore.

I tried using the Delete Keyframes, but what happened was that the old motion keyframes remained.

for example I had an start keyframe in frame 1, and and an end keyframe in frame 10. I deleted the keyframes, then set a new ones in frames 1 and 10, and pressed motion keyframes, also I have moved the object in frame 10.
but what happened is that in the frames 2 to 9 the motion that was displayed was the old motion created before pressing the deleted key.
and frames 1 and 10 contained the new motion…
;D

Hello,

It seems to me that the only way that this could happen is if you have keyframes set on frames 2 through 9 as well. Could you do me a favour and link a screenshot that shows your timeline and your xhseet views? Perhaps this will help me to better diagnose what’s going on.

Just go ahead and upload your screenshot to a free site like Photobucket and post the link here.

~Lilly
Toon Boom Support