How to remove points off a shaped influence zone

Hi,

I have transformed an elliptic influence zone in a shaped one and I now have a lot of points. I want to remove some of them but I haven’t been able to find any way to do that.

Have anyone a way to proceed?

OK, I see that now. Thanks.

Hi Ampy,
You are welcome, let’s wait the feedback from Chacal123.
Thanks
Wei

To reduce the number of points in an area of a drawing you can use the Contour Editor or the Pencil Editor, select the area and click on the Smooth button.

Contour Editor:
http://docs.toonboom.com/help/harmony-12-2/premium/reference/tool-properties/contour-editor-tool-properties.html

Pencil Editor:
http://docs.toonboom.com/help/harmony-12-2/premium/reference/tool-properties/pencil-editor-tool-properties.html

Hi Ampy,
Chacal123 is talking about influence zone which is totally different concept from Contour Editor or the Pencil Editor.
http://docs.toonboom.com/help/harmony-12-2/premium/deformation/region-influence.html
Thanks
Wei

It is that simple. It works in Harmony Premium 12.1.1 and Animate Pro 3. Your project might have become wonky. Does this not work for you in any project? Do you have a separate unrelated project where this doesn’t work? Have you created and duplicated the steps in a different project as an experiment? You could have a problem with your hardware or the installation of software. Perhaps you could try thoroughly deleting the installation, downloading a new copy of the file and reinstalling the software. Then create a fresh project and set up the situation to test so you are avoiding any existing corruption.

Hi,

Thanks for the interest.

We tried this already, with no better response. But we also have a problem with the Write Modules, so I’m starting to think that we have a problem of compatibility, which I do not understand. We tried already to delete and reinstall the software without any more success…

Hi .S_L.
You could not delete the control points on influence zone.
You can only adjust them after create.
The only way to control the number of the control points is when you create the deformer, you could reduce the number of clicks in the influence zone, cause each click will generate a control point.
Thanks
Wei

Hi Chacal123,
Could you send a screenshot with more details about these points ?
Are you are using Show All Zone of Influence in rigging tool ?
Please let me know.
Thanks
Wei

Select a point, it should turn white, then hit delete.

Works in Animate Pro 3 and Harmony Premium.

Hi,

I work with Chacal123, here is a screenshot of what we mean:

We had some points that are useless and we want to delete it.

We tried many time to just press delete after selecting it, no results. Idem If we LMB+Shift, ctrl or alt…

Hope you come up with something.

As I described previously, if it is highlighted white hit Delete.

As I told earlier, if it was that simple, I would have found how to proceed, I can press delete, suppr or any other combination of keys, so far, nothing has worked.

Hi Chacal123,
Please let me know which version of Toon Boom Harmony are you using.
Are you using the trial version ?
Wei

Hi,

I am using the harmony 12.1.1 premium with purchased license. I can’t find any information in the documentation.