How to merge brushstrokes into shape?

I just started exploring Toonboom after years of using Flash… so it’s a bit confusing the first days :wink:

First problem which i can’t seem to figure out is how to ‘merge’ two or more brushstrokes into one shape. With a solid color you can’t see the difference, but when i use a gradient on the painted strokes, it fills al the strokes seperately and i want it to be one gradient over the merged strokes/shape.

Select all your Brushstrokes…
Either click the Flatten button from the Tool Properties panel…
Or, Drawing (top toolbar) / Optimize / Flatten…
Or, use the assigned keyboard-shortcut (e.g. (Mac): shift+option+F)

If you like to merge all your Brushstrokes when drawing…
Select the Brush Tool…
From the Tool Properties panel select the Auto Flatten button…

Regards
Nolan

Thanks Nolan! Especially the autoflatten button was what i needed! (specially because i’m used to flash :wink: )

It doesn’t seem to work on gradient strokes though, but will not use that often i guess, and i can draw in a flat color first and then fill it with gradient.

So:Yay! First hiccup solved! On to the next one :wink:

If you want to colour gradients consistently along strokes, then you should paint one that has the gradient oriented the way you want, then you should select the line and in the Tool Properties click Store Colour Gradient. Then when you switch back to the Brush tool, you can check on the Use Stored Colour Gradient option and all the following strokes will follow the same pattern.

~Lilly