How to make drawing layer partially in front and partially behind

Hello everyone,
i am learning and want to know how to put the drawing layer partially behiind a object and partially in front.
i know that if u want to keep something in front u can put the layer on top. but in this case the chair is different object
just look at this picture and tell me
how his hand partially behind and partially infront of chair.
i m newbie.
pls help it would be really nice of u

https://imgur.com/a/O2Jrl3I

Following your arm on a chair exemple,
For the arm, you could also “divide” the same drawing layer ( ARM) using the arts layers ( over layer/Line Art/Colour Art/ under layer) :

1/You can draw the forearm part on the Over layer, then the arm part on the Line art

2a/

• cmd/ctrl C + cmd/ctrl +V your "ARM"drawing layer so you get 2 clones you could name “ARM_OL” and “ARM_LA”
  • in the drawing layer setttings, activate on the check box, only the art layer you’re needing to be shown
  • add a peg on top of both drawing layer ( therefore you can manage/animate “Z” translation )
  • connect them and pick the position on the composite of either connexion.

The composite connexion would be:
ARM_OL / ARMCHAIR / ARM_LA / BODY / CHAIR

or

2b/
-keep one drawing layer
-get the “over layer” node AND the “line art” node in the node library
-connect them under your "ARM"drawing layer and pick the position on the composite of either connexion. BUT this method won’t allow you to manage/animate “Z” translation.

The composite connexion would be:
Over layer / ARMCHAIR / LINE ART / BODY/CHAIR

The normal way to achieve this effect would be for the chair and character be made of two layers each like this top to bottom:

RIGHT ARM

FRONT ARMREST

BODY

REST OF CHAIR

You could also mess around with Cutter nodes to mask parks of the layers, but above is the simplest way

I do not see a hand partially in front of any part of the chair and I do not see where a hand would appear that way.

Based upon what you have presented in the picture, the portion of the chair’s arm that you need behind an arm of the character but in front of the rest of the chair and the rest of the character’s body could be accomplished by making the front-most arm a separate drawing on a separate layer.