How to import and REPLACE image

Hey guys,

I know in my previous version of Toon Boom Animate Pro 2, I was able to import an image and if it was named the same file name, it would ask me if I wanted to replace the image I have on the timeline. Now with Toon Boom Animate 3, I notice that it doesn’t give me that option and it’s now annoyingly throwing in an extra frame in my timeline when all I want to do is replace the image.

I don’t have the images set up as symbols, so I can’t just go into the symbol library and update it there. Does anyone know if there is a way to do this easily, instead of having to go in and delete unwanted extra frames that is throwing off my timeline?

Thanks!

Depending on how you are using the image you might be able to place images inside a peg and turn on and off visibility of multiple images or delete their layers and not effect the bubble/container they occupy in your project universe.

This worked for me: If you have the image exposed for multiple frames and import another of the same or different name they both become Library images to swap for that span of cells. You can then choose the image of your choice to be exposed.