How to Actually Create Cut-Outs?

Fellow Animators,

Are there any tutorials that demonstrate how to actually create the cut-out in Toon Boom Studio 4 from a magazine image or photograph? I know how to scan the picture into TBS4, but how do I cut it into parts so that I can animate it?

Thanks,

Terry

Here is my tutorial series on Photo Cut Out for you to read. If you have additional questions after that, just ask them here in this thread and I’ll be glad to help you out.-JK

PHOTO CUT-OUT ANIMATION - PART 1

JK,

Thank you very much. I bought TBS4 specifically for this task. I was really getting frustrated about it. I read over your tutorial and it looks great. I’ll get into it and see what I can turn out.

Thanks again.

Terry

Jk,

I just wanted to say thanks. Your advice was right on target. The Contour Editor is absolutely awesome. I was stumbling around in the dark before I began working through your tutorials. You are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Terry

JK-TGRS, (total newb here),I have TBS V-4.5 and mine doesnt show the “import and vectorize” selection, just “import” under the File tab… :-[
is it somewhere else that i dont know of ?

You can find Import and Vectorize by right clicking a cell in a drawing element in the Timeline.