How Do I Get Rid of this Obnoxious Black Screen that Covers Literally Everything?

Greetings, I am a new user of Toon Boom that is using it for an Animation Class. But I have a Huge Problem. Every time that I Attempt to use Toon Boom, I’m greeted by the same thing: A Blank Black Screen that covers everything I try to do or make, like drawings and backgrounds, meaning I can’t see anything I do. So can someone do me a favor and Please tell me how I can get rid of it?

Thanks in Advance.

1 Like

I am not and Expert but I just want to tell you that I think you might be experiencing a display issue with Toon Boom. Here are a few things you can try to fix it:

1. Check your graphics card: Toon Boom requires a compatible graphics card to run properly. Make sure your graphics card meets the minimum requirements by checking Toon Boom’s system requirements.
  2. Update your graphics card drivers: Outdated graphics card drivers can cause display issues with Toon Boom. Visit the website of your graphics card manufacturer and download the latest drivers for your specific graphics card.
  3. Reset Toon Boom preferences: Sometimes, preferences in Toon Boom can cause display issues. Try resetting the preferences by following the steps below:
  • Close Toon Boom
  • Press and hold the Shift key on your keyboard
  • Double-click the Toon Boom shortcut to open the program
  • Continue holding the Shift key until the “Reset Toon Boom Studio Preferences” dialog appears
  • Click “Yes” to reset the preferences
  1. Contact Toon Boom support: If none of the above solutions work, contact Toon Boom support for further assistance. They may have additional troubleshooting steps or be able to provide a solution specific to your issue.

I hope these suggestions help you solve the problem with your Toon Boom display issue. Good luck with your animation class.