How do I animate writing?

I just want to animate writing on a blackboard so that it is appearing as if written by a ghost hand and cant figure out a way to get the look I want. I have tried morphing but that just seems all over the place and isn’t ending up looking like someone is writing words. Can someone please help with some suggestions?

Cheers,
Jarad

An old trick is to erase parts of the writing frame by frame and then reverse it so things appear. You could also try animating a mask that reveals the letters

https://www.toonboom.com/community/video-tutorials/mask-and-cutter-tools-1-3

Thanks, thought there might be a quicker module to help with this kind of animation. :slight_smile:

I would advise you to read this blog, when it helped me a lot in finding answers to my questions about how to animate writing. Actually, I do not have much experience in this, but in general, I have been writing for a very long time, I even work in the field of education, and more specifically, on the PapersBattle website. We are committed to collecting information from different sources in one place in order to simplify the choice of students, for example, we have a list of the best writing services on Reddit on our website. For many, real user reviews are the most important criterion when choosing something.