How can I paint only one frame?

Hello.
I have only started learning Harmony Advanced for about a week, so I am unable to resolve a problem I am having. The problem i this. I have imported into Harmony Advanced a layered cut out character I created in Photoshop. Everything seems to be going fine except for one really big problem. The cut out figure is a soldier, wearing trousers which have a stripe down the side of the trouser leg. As you will realise, when I articulate the legs to create the key frames for a walk cycle, there is a break in the trouser line, where the upper part of the leg and the lower part meet at the knee joint, where the leg rotates. I find that when I correct the broken line join, by re-painting the line on the individual frame showing the line break, my painting is repeated on all the frames, making it impossible to correct the broken trouser line. I imagine that this is due to the ‘dynamic’ coloring system within Harmony.
Is it possible to temporarily disable something, so that it is possible to only paint on an individual frame, without every frame being effected?

Thanks for any advice. I hope I have expressed this clearly.

Hi,

Try using the select tool to copy the drawing, and then paste that onto a new cell. That way, ToonBoom sees the two cells as two separate drawings, rather than one.

Alternatively, you could employ keyframes.

Hope this helps.

Hi, sometimes over rotating / bending a joint will cause these odd line breaks. Although you should check how it looks in render view rather than OpenGL as sometimes it looks neater in render view. You will either need to break the legs into more parts so you can better control how they interact or, create a new layer above the leg layer and paint over any breaks on this layer. If you attach this to the main leg layer so the leg is it’s parent then it should also move with it. You then just need to show the show / hide the frames when you want it to cover the break. When you make it a child of the leg usually it sticks it behind it. This is easily rectified in the Node view by dragging the new layer infront of it’s parent on the composite.

Alternative is to use the drawing substitution in the drawing window (ALT+SHIFT+D on a mac) which will duplicate the current leg and make a new instance of it which you can edit as you wish. You can then just toggle between the 2 as and when needed.

Harmony and Storyboard Pro User
Twitter: @jasonvenus
www.youtube.com/dailytoon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPCIfR1Wu6Q

Telifri and Jason Venus.

Thanks for your very helpful advice. As a totally non-technical person it will take me some time to carefully read your comments and fully understand them. But it sounds as if I will be able to resolve the problem.

Thanks.