how can i do these animations with studio or solo?

http://www.e-frontier.com/article/articleview/1934/1/811/

please check this clip , in the beginning of this clip u will see hair movement at the top of character’s head , and similarly in the rest of clip u will see their waving hairs very smoothly , can i do these kind of animation in studio or solo , i personally think i can do but i dont know from where i have to start , can someone please give some hints or guidance or is it only swapping ?

waiting for responce :slight_smile:
thanks

Hi Aways,

I see 2 ways to do that.

1. Traditionnal animation.

Just draw all the drawing to get it done. This will ensure you to get exactly what you drew.

2. Use morphing (Solo Only).

Create your key pose and use morphing. This feature as been used a lot in the new show from Nelvana named Grossology.

Regards,

Ugo

This effect can also be done in Flash using shape tweening, which is similar to morphing in Solo. In fact, the application of shape tweening in Flash is one of the very few distinctions as a production tool between Flash and TBS outside of the obvious action scripting for interactivity. -JK

thanks Ugo & Jk for ur feedback !

@Ugo , i am still confused that how can it be possible with morphing , i mean they are waving drawing elements animation , according to my liitle knowlege u do morphing betwwen extreme frames like u tjust told me , then what next?

what i got is to make a drawing lement at its one position then make the same drawing in other extreme position then do morphing inbetween these key frames , am i right ,? or is there any use of transform tool here , if u give me some more hints and guidance then i will be too much glad , thanksalot !

Hi Awais,

You got the idea of morphing. Although, you do not necessary to have extreme poses only to make the morphing. For the effect from the hair if you find that working only with extreme pose doesn’t give you the right result you may put in more drawings in between to get the job done.

If you have more questions about morphing please relate to the Solo forum.

Best regards,

Ugo

awais,
those animations have been done using the anime studio (formerly moho), which is a bit different 2d-tool, referring with some features to the 3d-workflow (a.o. bones system).
it’s maybe possible that the hair tip you meant was a 3-part bone, who knows?
cheers,
rob

@ugo
thanks Ugo for ur feedback, u know solo forums are almost dead , their u can hardly find any active member , therefore i used to prefer post here , solo forum badly needs some solo users their , and it is the fact !
anyway check this link please http://abart.bravehost.com/sang820_work.htm
someone has made this i think in other tool , here i got the idea of moving hair as we can do it with morphing , but what about this smooth movement of eyeblinking , i think its not swaping , it looks 100% animation kind of technique , so kool smoothy eyeblinking animation , can please further guide me about this technique or is it the simple overlaping of other layer or is it related to masking concept ??? any simple solution exits for this smooth eye blinking animtion or here again morphing is used??? similarly how can we produce this kind of water drops , is it same again create seperate layer with blusih color and animate it like a water droplets ??or is it simple triangular shape animation ??any idea other than that please ? thanks

yes rob i knew it was made in other tool but our tools are not weaker than anyother tool , i think its all depend on our approaches , so i am trying take benefit from senior members of this forum …now rob whats ur opinion about my recent questions about eye blinking & droplets ,thanks :slight_smile:

That piece could be done in a number of different approaches. It certainly can be done with traditional hand drawn animation. It also can be done using a combination of shape and motion tweening. I think that your curiosity regarding animation examples is interesting but I still think you are searching for some magic formula or tool to overcome your fear of just learning the basics. If you would focus on mastering the fundamentals of hand drawn animation then you would be better equipped to understand how software aids could be applied to augment the more tedious hand techniques. No one in a forum can teach you to animate, you have to put in the time to learn the craft. Sure we can answer your questions about how we think a particular artist approached solving a problem but that won’t benefit you much unless you have the appropriate foundation in animation fundamentals. -JK

ok fine thanks Jk for ur suggestions i al ways respect ur thoughts and views as u hv spent alot time in animation fields.
ok i want to work other than traditional ways and i want to take help maximum help with these tools right ! so whats wrong in it if i follow this rule ?and if i want to learn something by viewing others animations then i dont think i am doing anything wrong , u always learn by viewing good animation , yes i like to adopt quick and short path for my goal .
anyway what i have learnt from ur last post that there are 2 ways for doing this task , one is traditional way and other is motion tweening , thanksalot for ur reply !

No, I said motion tweening and shape tweening. They are very different processes. Fundamentally motion tweening is like it sounds in that you are interpolating movement of objects in a 3D space. Shape tweening is a form of morphing. You are interpolating the variations inbetween two shapes to describe how one shape might evolve or morph into a second shape. A shape can be a solid or just a line so shape tweening is useful just as a way to move from one line shape to another. But what you continue to miss is that animation is problem solving and in order to solve problems the artist must develop a proper foundation. Looking at the work of others is at best entertaining but not nearly as educational as observing nature and then applying fundamental knowledge of animation techniques to solve the problems of bringing the inanimate to life. Your short cut approach is not actually a short cut but rather a distraction from the real journey. I won’t bother trying to convince you any further, except to say that I hope that eventually you will recognize that you can’t get from here to there by coveting the work of others and avoiding doing the basic learning that is fundamental. -JK

ok fine thanksalot for ur suggestions JK , i really appreciate them !

yesi think i understand difference between motion tweening and shape tweening :

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/latemoon/shape_tweenng.jpg

yes so far i am not cabable of doing shape tweening in flash but is it possible to do shape tweening in solo ? i think it is what morphing is doing am i right ? if yes then i am just asking or in other words requesting just for guidance and hints , and now it depends on u or anybody else how much u want to guide me or in what direction ur willing to guide , i just want to gain something via this forum other than this i have no other way,thats it .

Shape tweening works by interpolating a series of transitions between vector points on a shape. If a vector point exists at a certain location in space on one frame and at different location on a future frame in a sequence, then when shape tweening is applied Flash’s internal logic attempts to determine the path traveled by that individual point during its change in positions.

The key to understanding shape tweening is to understand that it works by plotting a path of change for each vector point that makes up the shape. If the number of points is very large as is the case of a traced bitmap shape then the shape tweening logic quickly loses track of which point is which and can’t reasonably plot any paths. This is the reason that the resulting shape tweened frames do strange and unpredicitable things.

So it is critical in applying shape tweening that the number of points that make up the shape be reasonably small and that the number of points that make up the starting and ending shapes remain pretty constant. If the starting shape consists of 10 points and the ending shape consists of say 20 points then it becomes difficult for Flash to determine which starting point maps to which ending point.

This can be over come by using a very important aid to shape tweening call shape hints. Basically what a shape hint is used for is to definitively map for Flash which starting point and ending point make up a tweening pair. If Flash isn’t confused then it can interpolate the path of change between the two vector point’s locations. So your job as an animator is to reduce the confusion for Flash by limiting the total number of points it is trying to tween, by not having excessive point increases or decreases between tweened shapes, and by including shape hints to assist Flash in knowing which starting point maps to which ending point.

Remember shape tweening is really point tweening so map the starting and ending points using shape hints particularly if the number of total points varies between the starting and ending shapes, and keep the point location changes between starting and ending shapes fairly small so that Flash doesn’t have to guess too much as to the points path of change. If you make your shape changes too dramatic you are asking Flash to do an almost impossible task, but if the changes aren’t so dramatic Flash can handle them just fine. So you may need to do a more dramatic shape change in a series of shape tweened steps instead of one big change.

If you understand shape tweening, it can become a powerful assistant and time saver in your animating. It’s all about points and their path of change across a sequence of frames in time. Hope this is helpful, unfortunately I can’t discuss morphing in Solo as I am not a Solo user. -JK

wow great article about shape tweening in flash (Y)

thanks JK !