help, trying to export image sequence with transparent BG

Hi

Does toon boom animate pro support transparent background for the background of my exported images?

I drew a stickman walking and I want to export him with a transparent background but cannot figure out how.

The default background is black so I created a new layer and set it to be the color white filled it with a rectangle and colored it white and set it at the bottom of the layer stack (so that I can have a whitebackground)

But, how do I have a transparent background in my whole scene so that my stickman will have a transparent background when I export him?

Ricky

Hi Ricky,

If you use the Write module to do Render Network you can set transparent background to your image export by selecting any image format that has a 4 at the end (TGA4, PSD4 …) as the 4 means 4 channels (which means it has the alpha transparency).

If you want to export to movie make sure that in the Video options you set the Color Depth to Millions of Colors + (be aware that not all Compressors will have the option so you may have to change the Compressor from the top of the Video Options windows).

Best regards,

Ugo

Hi

I forgot to mention i’m running the PLE version of toon boom animation pro

Ok so I chose File → Export → Render openGL frames because it allows me to choose PNG and I also see that PNG4 that you talk about.

Whenever I choose PNG4, the frames come out completely white no matter what I do.

If I choose PNG, I get my frames but also a black background

Any help, much appreciated

Ricky

Hi,

The options I was mentioning about are actually set in the Write module. The Render OpenGL frame may not support this transparency feature, you would need to upgrade to the full version if you want to do final work without watermark with the software.

Best regards,

Ugo