Help!! Toon Boom 4.5 freezes up!

I’m having a bit of some bother with my Toon Boom this morning…I have a file I’m working on at the moment, and I noticed something rather odd. Whenever I go to the Select icon on a drawing to either copy, delete or whathaveyou, it’ll freeze up and refuse to unlock until I’m forced to shut it down then reup it once again. And it’s not just once in awhile…it’s nearly every time I work on it, which means I’m shutting down and re-opening the app at least ten to fifteen times in the course of an hour. What’s even funnier is that if I save my file close it down then reload it shows the save without a hitch even if the drawing was frozen before I shut it down. It’s getting to be a bit aggravating and sad to say I’m starting to lose my patience!! And before anyone out there advises me to reinstall my TB, sorry folks…I already tried that and it didn’t solve the problem.

Also what is your graphic card? -romi

:frowning:
TBS quits every 15 minutes or less: Edit->Undo (Paint Bucket) That paint bucket does not work correctly most of the time!

Windows Vista 64 bit edition Quad Core Processor GeForce 9800 graphics adaptor 8 GB RAM

I have an Emachines 5234 w/ 320GB hard drive,Windows Vista Home Premium Edition 32 bit, AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+ with 1GB of RAM and NVIDIA GeForce 615SEnForce 430…needless to say I’ve got enough omph for the program. Now the oddest thing I’ve noticed is that the only time it freezes up ithis way is when I’ve already painted whatever it is I’m working on. Doesn’t happen with the line drawings…it only does this on a “finished” ones which I gotta tell ya, REALLY tries my patience, especially if I’ve been working on something for 5 hours straight. Okay, you guys out there, can anyone come up with a solution for this little hiccup before I take my computer and throw it out the window?

Hi,

Once thing you may want to check is if you used the pencil tool to create all your artwork rather then the brush tool. Basically the pencil will be much heavier in the long run over pencil and if you did use pencil you may want to consider converting all the artwork from pencil to brush (Tools>Convert Lines to Brush).

Best regards,

Ugo

Yeah, I do use the pencil tool for all my drawings…I don’t have a Wacom graphics board and have to use my mouse for just about everything…why would I be having this problem? Is it because I’m using pencil and if so, why would it create such a headache?

Hi,

Has previously explained Pencil Lines are much heavier then brush line on your system. This may therefor cause major slowdowns depending on the amount of lines you have in a single panel.

You should follow the instructions in the previous message to convert those lines and see if you get better results after doing so (you may need to save and close the software to see any result).

Best regards,

Ugo