Help needed!!! Importing image file error!!

The instruction at “0x7378eb57” referenced memory at “0x0000003”. The memory could not be “read”.

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program

Help!! This happens everytime when I tries to import an image file!! It will shut down after that. It doesen’t happen 2 weeks ago!! What should I do?

Thanks

Hi,

This is usually a memory error. Do you have other stuff running on your machine and how much space is left on your hard drive.

Did you update drivers in between the time it did work and the time it didn’t?

Regards,

Ugo

Ok. Since the last time it worked fine, I installed quite a number of things and including changing of graphic card and drivers. However, I tried in safe mode and the importing image function works fine…

Hi,

It might be the video card. Would it be possible to know which brand you got and which model?

Ugo

geforce 7600GS SONIC AGP

Hi,

Would it be possible to have a full computer specs. Also, you might want to completely uninstall the current drivers for your video card and shut down your machine (keep it shut for a couple of seconds) then reopen the computer and see if it is any better.

If you are to install the drivers again try to install the latest one you can find on the web and try not installing any external application that might come with the video card before testing if everything is fine.

Let us know if this is any better.

Ugo

ok I try reinstalling the forceware first

you are right. is the graphic drivers. I try installing latest one now.

Hi. Apparently the drivers dislike toon boom studio… Once I installed the lastest forceware, it showed the error again. Any suggestions?

Hi,

Would it be possible to know which drivers you have installed?

Also are you working on XP or on Vista?

Ugo

Hi,

In the meantime you might want to try changing the Renderer used by the software. You can do so by going to Edit>Preferences>Display tab and in the renderer (either OpenGL or Direct3D) change it to the other setting and restart the application.

Regards,

Ugo

Thats right! Well there are 2 ways:

1. Change to OpenGL

2. Disable hardware acceleration in Direct3d

Which 1 is better?

Hi,

The best setting for your video card would most likely be OpenGL renderer. If you find the software to run slow with it make sure to disable the OpenGL Full Scene Anti-Aliasing (at the bottom of the display tab).

Best regards,

Ugo

Very well then.

Thanks for the extremely fast responses!!