Head symbols

Hi,

I’m creating a puppet in Toon Boom Animate with help of kick-start videos. After creating all symbols, naming and arranging them it says to open the “head symbol” of my character and to put all facial features inside that symbol (eyes, nose, hair, etc.). What bothers me is if I have all my features inside of my “head” symbol -how can I swap through them? Because if I change (for example) position of the eye, the change applies throughout the whole symbol.

Thank you for your help in advance!

Hi,

You would need to create multiple face set within the symbol so that frame 1 in the symbol would be one expression set, frame 2 another one and so on. Then you just expose the symbol throughout the scene and the cell swapper from the Library should allow you to easily flip from one expression to another.

Best regards,

Ugo

But that way way I can’t swap through parts (for example I can’t change just the eye or mouth I need to change the whole face expression). How can I arrange to do that?

Hi,

You can either do a combination of all possibilities within the symbol, go inside the symbol and swap it or simply leave those assets on the main layer under a master peg or the head element and swap them manually.

Best regards,

Ugo