Having trouble smoothing quadmap animation..

What would be the easiest way smooth a quadmap animation, for example, opening a door? I will provide my specific example at the bottom of the rendered quadmap animation in question.

Setting up the swing of the door was easy, but smoothing out the animation while keeping the door in the correct hinge position has proven difficult. I am wondering if there is any easy way to smooth the swing of the quadmap while retaining the door hinges position so the door doesn’t look as if it’s bouncing slightly left, right, up, and down.

I have been trying to figure out a formula to change the values of the quadmaps destination points in the layer properties, like figure out how much the values should change by each frame and manually fix it, but haven’t been able to find any formula that works, also that would be very time consuming if I have to do that for every quadmap animation and would enjoy a quicker work around.

The best method I have found so far is to manually change the overall position of the quadmap for each frame and attempt to best match the door hinges position it was originally in, but that is a highly inaccurate method, though the only working one so far.

Does anyone know of any tutorials or have any tips to animating with quadmaps like this?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=I31G-NMtn-A

Hi fantasyrook1.

To adjust the handles around the quadmap to the door, you can select the point you want to move, hold down CTRL and reposition each corner around the door.

You can then double click on the quadmap to open up the properties of the quadmap, you should see the source and destination points. By holding down CTRL, you will have set the source points. You can copy over the values from the source into the destination to copy over the same values.

Thank you, I will try that as soon as I get back to work!

UPDATE: That worked! Thanks again

Glad to hear it! :slight_smile: