Having trouble applying a module effect on the whole puppet (the peg)

Hey there,

I’m probably missing a really simple step here, but I somehow am not able to apply a module effect (blur-radial) to the peg of my puppet in the network view. At first it appears to connect in network view, but then I look at the rendered preview and it doesn’t apply it. What am I doing wrong? Any advice greatly appreciated, thanks!

You need to wrap your character up in it’s own composite and then put the blur between that composite and the main composite.Does that make sense?

Hmm do you know of a place I can see a visual of that in network view?

You should check out the Enhancing with Effects chapter in the User Guide. What you need to do is you need to position your effect node between a drawing node and the composite. If you position your effect node between a peg and a drawing, it won’t do anything, because a peg is simply a storage container for position, rotation, and scale information. You want to apply the drawing to the drawing.As TheRaider was saying, if you want to attach the effect to multiple drawings, then you need to place a composite that links together the drawings that you want to combine, then you will use the out node of the composite to plug into the in node of the effect.~LillyToon Boom Support

Lilly definitly explained it better than me. It is a bit hard to explain in words. I will try to make a quick tutorial next time i have some quiet in the house (maybe tomorrow or the day after)

Sorry I didn’t have time to do a screenshot before. Here’s a brief screenshot of what your network would look like (though it would be more complex with a more complex character, of course).http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy184/lillybirdsong/Screenshot.pngHope this helps.~LillyToon Boom Support

I made a quick tutorial too, cause it was something i struggled with too at firsthttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw9hoGvkdfg

Thank you so very much! That explanation and the screen shot with the tutorial really helps a bunch! I am much more a visual learner as I’m sure most of us are, so that makes a huge difference :slight_smile: Thanks again!