Harmony works sometimes, not others

I’m testing out this software on a Macbook pro as a hobbyist and I’m just messing around with the line/curve and rectangle drawing to make rudimentary figures at the moment. My problem is that it isn’t always drawing when I click and it’s insanely frustrating. I click down, move the cursor, and if I’m lucky, the line is actually rendered. More often than not, however, I get nothing. I tried using the force click to see if that worked better and I get the same results. Sometimes it draws the line and most often it doesn’t. Essentially I am left drawing a line four or five times before it actually appears and it’s driving me crazy. This does not bode well for me actually purchasing the software if this is what I have to deal with. I’m hoping this is a situation where a particular setting will fix this, so I can play without frustration.

My Macbook specs:

OS X 10.11.6

MacBook Pro (Retina,13-inch, Early 2015)

Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 8GB 1867 MHz DDR3

Graphics Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

Make sure you have Focus on Mouse Over checked in Preferences. This will make the window the cursor is over active automatically. The software is context-sensitive and you may have something else active when you try to draw.