Harmony Premium 17 is lagging enormously on Mac, so that it's impossible to work

I have recently started working on a new film, and it’s the first time I work on Toon Boom. For the last week I have been working on Windows in the studio and everything worked fine.
But now I work from home on a really strong Mac, but Toon Boom just lags enormously. The main lag occurs on the Timeline - navigating the timeline is literally unbearable, it freezes constantly and basically is unusable. Strangely drawing seems to be ok…
This is an urgent situation, as I cannot work…

My specs:
Harmony Premium 17.0.2
Mac OS High Sierra
Processor: 3.60Ghz Intel Core i9-9900K
RAM: 64 GB 3200 MHz DDR4
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6143 MB
2 screens: Wacom Cintiq 22" and Dell P2415Q

thanks

UPD: Here is a screen-recording of the lag: https://youtu.be/g_1WhSeNe08

Hello Soom,

I highly recommend reaching out to our support team at desk@toonboom.com and they’ll be able to troubleshoot these kinds of PC issues with you since it is likely setup specific.

Will do it ASAP
I just thought maybe somebody has a similar problem with similar setup
thanks

Hey Soom,

I had to open my NVIDIA Control Panel. In Manage 3D Settings, I had to change the Preferred Graphics Processor from Auto-Selected to High-Performance NVIDIA processor. Might be worth a try for you too.

Best of luck ^^,

This doesn’t exist for Mac…

UPDATE: I have installed Windows 10 on the same machine on a different hard disk, and on Windows everything works perfect!
I also have just received a complain from another colleague of mine with a Mini Mac, and he is having the same problems.

Can you send some recording screen of issues?
I’m not sure if it’s because your Mac version is up to date? 10.13?
In the new version of the Mac, more security checks have been added, causing some software problems.
Please try to do the following to allow TBH to operate:
you can start a terminal window and try this commands.
sudo xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine
then type a space in the end of the commend, and drag and drop the TBH software folder from the application directory to the end of the command.
press Enter, input password and press Enter.
and try TBH again.

Yep - here is a recording of the lag: https://youtu.be/g_1WhSeNe08
Before I try can you please elaborate on what this command will do exactly?
thanks!

Same Issue here. “Strong” MAC, Cintiq pro 32. Unable to use Harmony due to significant Lag that happens every 1-2 minutes.

Hi
Could you please post your Mac specs? especially which Graphic card you use?

Hi Soom,

I don’t know if you’ve solved your issue with lag while using a Mac, but I was experiencing the same issue on my iMac. When I would draw a line or erase, it would be delayed by 2 or 3 seconds.
What I discovered by accident is that this was only happening when the Harmony interface wasn’t maximized on my Cintiq. When I hit the green dot in the upper left corner to maximize the interface, there’s no longer a lag issue.

I hope this works for you.

I cannot test it now, because I switched my license to Windows, but I’m pretty sure I was always working in full screen mode.
Besides - TB Support got in touch and we were troubleshooting the problem - it’s probably my graphics card, but since it’s not natively supported by Apple anymore, they cannot really investigate any further, so I’m stuck with Windows for now…