Harmony Game SDK - development status?

Thus far the Harmony Game SDK doesn’t look to be off to a great start. Even after an update in October, look in the Unity asset store comments (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/31211) and you will see nothing but project-breaking problems and poor performance reported. It doesn’t seem at this time that this is a good pipeline for game development, more like a beta side-project that just kind of slipped into the public view.

I of course don’t want this to be the case – I like Harmony very much and support the development team and would love if it could offer a better integrated game development solution. I would enjoy some kind of assurance by ToonBoom that there is some kind of near-future, actual roadmap or improvement plan in the works for this SDK. I want to use Harmony for game development but it seems like at this time this will remain an “old school” workflow of exporting images and setting up spritesheets manually, etc. – heavily reliant on other software and roundtripping methods to be of any “real” use for game development.

Without serious strides in improvements for the SDK, I don’t see Harmony getting much game development attention compared to tools like Spine, Creature, and others, aside from the core artwork files.

I second this.
We tried to import a sprite sheet yesterday by using the SDK and it seems that it doesn’t even work with the latest Unity at all.
So far, I’ve been exporting my animations as a PNG sequence, which is okay, but it would be amazing to have Toon Boom and Unity going hand in hand.

Furthermore, we noticed that the SDK takes use of plugins for each platform such as iOS, OS X, Android and Windows, but apparently Linux is missing and that means, once you’ve decided to work with the SDK, you’re continuously relying on Toon Boom to support Unity and several platforms. Wouldn’t it be possible to make animations work “natively” with Unity? Why do you need plugins at all? Anime Studio can do this by the way! The fact that you’re limited to certain platforms, you somehow break one of the greatest advantages of Unity: compiling for almost every platform.