Harmony doesn't work properly on Windows 11 PC

I got a new pc, it has windows 11. I downloaded the latest Harmony version 21. It loads but then does not respond. I was even given a patch version 21.1 that was suppose to work on windows 11 and but did not. I contacted help and even did a team viewer session and for some reason the program decided to work then. I didn’t understand what change, but was happy though unsettled because I wanted to know how to make it work every time consistently. It then continued to work well for a few days but now the problem is back again not responding and I don’t know what to do?! I need an animation program that will reliably work with a windows 11 PC, my livelihood depends on it and I can’t keep having halts in production like this. What do I do? Its frustrating that I can only get help on weekdays and mostly only by email. I appreciate the help that the technician is trying to give me but I am at my wits end. I need to finish this project I can’t keep asking for extensions. Consider this before you decide to work with this program with newer computers going forward because it is a real risk.

2 Likes
1 Like

I’ve already uninstalled OneDrive and that has not fixed the problem unfortunately.

I discovered this terrible WIndows 11 problem when I upgraded my workstation and the machine came with Windows 11. Harmony simply will not work, at least not up to version 21.0.1. ToonBoom is frustrating quiet on this topic. I was able to downgrade my machine to Windows 10, but it is a total wipe out install where you start fresh. It works, though. I don’t believe OneDrive is the issue.

Very frustrated.

1 Like

I have Windows 11, freshly installed. My animation studio which I work with is trying to install the 21.0.3 version, but even after activating the key, once launched, it stops or asks again for license (which is absolutely valid and legal, it’s a studio).
It’s ridiculous how Toon Boom is staying silent about this. People spend tons of money for this software and it doesn’t run on Windows 11.
What should I do now? Buy another OS? Back to Windows 10?
Absurd.

1 Like

Hey there, sorry to hear about the frustration you’re experiencing with Harmony on Windows 11. It’s a bummer when a crucial program doesn’t work reliably, especially when your livelihood depends on it.

While I can’t provide a direct solution, have you considered checking out the cheap Windows 10 key Reddit sub? They often have some good deals and options. Maybe there you can find some suggestions for Windows 11 too. It might be worth exploring if you’re open to using Windows 10, which tends to be more stable and compatible with a wider range of programs.