Harmony crashes every time I import sound files

I am currently using a freshly-reset version of Windows 10 and Harmony 10.3.
I have Quicktime 7.7.6 installed.
Every single time I try to import a sound file (I’ve tried .wav and .mp3), the program crashes and I need to end it from the Task Manager.

I’ve tried running it as an Administrator, and I’ve tried using compatibility mode for Windows 8, 7, and Vista (Service Pack 2).
When importing a sound file, the compatibility test window gives me the following error:

Failed to read in pipe with error (size = 4):
(87) ‘The parameter is incorrect.’

Halp?

Try re-installing MediaServer from:
http://tversity.com/download/download-free-edition

I’m afraid it had no discernible effect. Same error.

Continued Experimentation:

I started the TVersity Media Server and tested the program in Vista (Service Pack 2). Same error.
I restarted the TVersity Media Server and tested the program in Vista (Service Pack 2). Same error.
I opened TVersity for Windows Media Center and added the folder from which the sound file originates to the media list, tested in Vista (Service Pack 2). Same error.
I copied the MediaServer.exe file from the TVersity install file to the win32 bin file. New error: Failure to send message to media server. Didn’t crash, though.
I copied the entire contents of the TVersity ProgramData folder into the win32 bin file. Failure to send message to media server. (Figured it was worth a shot)
Uninstalled Harmony, deleted all extra files, reinstalled Harmony.

There may be something in the registry of Windows that’s not correct.
Try cleaning the registry using CCleaner or some similar tool then
try re-installing Harmony.

If you tried all the above procedures and it’s still not working
contact support to have a look on your system.

I’m having the same problem and that didn’t fix anything.

hello! I’m having the same problem as you, did you finally managed to solve it?

Hey, I had the same problem with opening some files in 10.3, using windows 10.

It’s a temporary fix and it makes no sense to me, but here’s what I did.
I opened the file, went to task manager, and ended the “Media Server (32 bit)” task twice. It opened fine after that.
Don’t ask me how, but I hope that works for you as well.