Harmony and new Mac Pro 2019

Hello Everyone.

Is the new Apple Mac Pro 2019 base model Graphic card (AMD Radeon Pro 580X) compatible for smooth fast perfomance in Harmony?
I currently have Mac Pro 2013 and experiencing very choppy performance.

Thank you,
Jim

Hello Jim,

Our recommended specs for MacOS recommends an Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 for best performance, and the AMD Radeon Pro 580x is a much better graphics card than that in almost every way so yes, you should get smooth, fast performance in Harmony.

Please note though that other factors can also cause choppy Harmony performance, such as scenes being too “heavy” and a computer not having enough memory to keep up.

I encourage you to check all of the your future computer’s specifications against what we recommend here: https://docs.toonboom.com/help/system-requirements/system-requirements/harmony-17.html

I also encourage you to follow our learning tools (if you feel you need them) at learn.toonboom.com so that you can use best practices and prevent scenes from becoming too heavy.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any additional info!

Thank you for you help! I do have a question regarding my current graphics card: Is my graphics card up to standards for smooth & fast performance? (Dual AMD FirePro D300 graphics processors with 2GB of GDDR5 VRAM each)

Thank you,
Jim Avakian