Harmony Advanced incredibly slow

i have seen others reporting this issue but most seem too specific to the projects people have…so here is my issue:

the program is very slow when i open it- clicking on a tool and then going to do something takes forever for it to register and actually start doing what i did. the project is insanely simple, there is nothing but a couple frames drawn with the vector tool. this issue doesnt seem to happen all the time, but when it does happen it continues to happen all day as my PC is on- restarting the program does not fix this issue. restarting my PC may or may not fix this issue some times. this has been frusterating to deal with as some days i just havent been able to work on the projects because of the lag.

PC specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium
Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz
32 GB RAM
64-bit Operating System
GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
10TB of space

It may help to re-install the latest graphic card driver from the NVidia web site.
After doing this reboot the computer.

Once you log back in right-click the desktop to access the NVidia Control Panel.
Go to the “Manage 3D Settings” tab and make a custom profile for Harmony.

Set the “Power Management Mode” to “Prefer Maximum Performance”
Set the “OpenGL Rendering GPU” to the NVidia card only to avoid using any
onboard Intel graphic card.

thank you for this suggestion! i have made the changes and things seem a bit better. if i continue to have issue i will return