Harmony Advanced, delay in brush strokes appearing

Hi! I have a trouble with Harmony advanced, which doesn’t allow me to draw properly. The brush strokes appear with quite a big delay. It doesn’t matter if i use pencil or brush, change the resolution to the smaller one, do vector or bitmap, use wacom tablet or mouse - i still have to wait about 3 seconds to see what i just drew.

Just on case it could help to understand what the problem is: it also takes a long to start the program but the other functions (rotating, scaling, drawing the straight lines etc…) are ok.
I already disabled OpenGL Full scene antialiasing as well as many other settings that suppose to affect the speed…but it’s still slow and i have no idea what i can do about it!

I never had such problem with Illustrator, AE, or Photoshop. Of course, response gets slower when i work with very large images in Photoshop, but it’s still nothing compared to how slow it is in harmony.

I use MacBook Pro (Retina, 13", End 2013, ), 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 with OS X El Capitan 10.11.4. on it and i have Intel Iris 1536 MB graphic card.

Would be very thankful for any advices&ideas!

Cheers
Tao

I’m assuming you don’t have the Camera on Render view or a second Camera, even out of sight on another tab, on Render view?

Luis Canau

No, it’s is always on Open GL view. Surprisingly it doesn’t really affect the speed if i switch to the render view.

Hey!

I’ve had a similar problem which I found a solution to. Not sure it will apply to you but you can try.
Check if your Workplace is set on Default. In my case, if switched to Hand-Drawn, all my strokes are laggy and super slow.
Not sure what’s changing under the hood between those two modes, but for me Default corrects the problem.
Good luck!

Pyer

Hi Pyer!

I cannot thank you enough for your tip! IT WORKED!!!
I spent two days looking for a solution, I would never come up with the idea that switching Workplace mode would solve it! I just wonder if the developers read it - and fix that bug.

Wish you all the best, and thank you very very much for your help!

Tao

No problem glad to be of help :slight_smile:
It totally feels like a bug, and yes I hope someone from the development team is reading this.

Do you have similar specs, also work on Mac? You should report it to Support so that they can check that and correct it for next release.

I just sent support a description of the bug (and it’s workaround). I have a MacbookPro retina mid 2012, 10.11.4).
Hopefully they’ll fix the bug for future generations :slight_smile:

Hi there,

This is a bug that seems to show up on Macs with Retina screens, mostly.
Although some users seem to have offered advice on how to go around this issue, I am here to offer another one.

1. In your Camera view, your Camera view toolbar is probably visible.
  2. When you experiment the lag, the Camera view toolbar is probably not displaying all of its icons, and therefore should end with this symbol: >>.
  3. If it is the case, you need to extend your Camera view window and make it large enough for the whole Camera view toolbar to be displayed.

Tip: You might want to clean-up the number of icons displayed in your Camera view toolbar and reduce it to only the ones you use and therefore possibly reducing the amount of icons you have.
You can customize which icons are appearing on any toolbar by right-clicking on one of its icons and selecting “Customize”.

I hope this helps!
Matisse

Doesn’t work for me mine was always on default until it happned even my. Full time anailizing was unchecked??

Contact support to have a look on your system.

Hello! I have the same problem, but the proposed solutions don’t work with me.
My computer has 8gb RAM with an Intel Core i5 and an Nvidia Geforce GTX 950M. I didn’t get this problem with the trial version of Essentials, but this is making Harmony Advanced pretty much unusable : all the Pencil, Paintbrush and Select tools have a 3-5 seconds delay, other tools work. I don’t know how to turn off anti-aliasing, but switching workspaces, openGL/camera view, lowering resolution etc did nothing.
Help please?

for me this problem appear only where ever the workspace i work in but when the libary and simbols is open (so it has to actualizate miniatures… i think…)so when i hide it , comes to normal working… i hope it will help.