Harmony 9 bone deformer test

I wanted to try out the bone deformer on a single bitmap image. So I imported this arm and added a bone to it with articulations at the shoulder, elbow, and wrist. My goal was just to see how it handled bending a bitmap. It turned out pretty good. If I wanted to tweak it more I would probably put in a fold module to fix the elbow so that the small crease line would disappear.

http://youtu.be/IM3UvXAJBCM

Will this bone deforming work if you export the animation to a swf file?

Nope! It works for other formats, including FLV, but not SWF.

you got Harmony? congrates :slight_smile:

so, how long did this take you, using the deform tool?

Yeah, Amin, I got it! Couldn’t resist. It took me all of half an hour. Rigging is relatively simple although there are lots of modules and options to tweak and fine tune as much as you want.

I think Toon Boom should’ve named Harmony 9 Stand-Alone to Animate Pro 3. It’s amazingly the same as AP but with the added features Lilly mentioned in the thread asking for a comparison chart.

What if you draw a vector image and use the bone deform tool, will the animation work if you export as SWF?

No. The deformation tools do not work with SWF export even if the layer is vector where it be a vectorized bitmap or a pure vector drawing. I seem to recall reading this in the manual or online somewhere, perhaps in a video clip, but I can’t remember where. In any case, I tried it and it didn’t work.

Yeah, Amin, I got it! Couldn’t resist. It took me all of half an hour. Rigging is relatively simple although there are lots of modules and options to tweak and fine tune as much as you want.

I think Toon Boom should’ve named Harmony 9 Stand-Alone to Animate Pro 3. It’s amazingly the same as AP but with the added features Lilly mentioned in the thread asking for a comparison chart.

This is why I think Everything should be named Harmony or Animate since it is still essentially the same product line (and obviously harmony posts belong in the Animate forum because a lot of questions are true across all platforms.)

Thanks for posting the sample.

Heeey, cool!!!

~Lilly