Harmony 20 Premium not exporting gif, only exports blank black in video file/exported frames

I made a little animation in toon boom harmony 20 premium but when I try to export it, it fails.
When I export as a gif, nothing happens. no progress bar, no output file.
When I export frames, every frame is black.
When I export it as a video file, everything’s black.
-There’s no error pop-up in any of these.

But when I put it in render view or render and play, everything’s fine
I searched other forums for solutions, specifically putting a color card, but that didn’t work either.

OS and Harmony 20 version/build would be nice to know.

OS is Windows 10
and according to recent checking, it’s Harmony Premium 20+

In Harmony 20 under the Help menu, click About, the About window will tell you the version and build.

Also what GPU (video card) do you have, maybe it might need a driver update.

Oh I didn’t know that, I thought I’d find out by checking through the License Wizard lol

It’s Version 20.0.2 (16529) (2020-11-26)
and I have NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, I tried to update it but it just said that “The best drivers for your device are already installed”

Good to know, thanks.
You should try updating Harmony 20 to the latest release 20.0.5.
Also do you have Apple Quicktime installed?

I searched up a guide on how to update harmony and it led me to this:
Toon Boom Product Activation Procedures: Upgrading a License
I don’t have a code that has “UPG.” I assume it’s because my Harmony is provided by my school.
And yes, I have Apple Quicktime installed.

Also forgive me for the late replies, it seems that we are on different sides of the world.

No worries, I was late to reply.

You don’t need to upgrade the License just the Software. I don’t know how it works with your school, you would think they would be up to date. Does your Toon Boom account not have access to your License/Software? Do you have the Harmony 20.0.2 installer?

Maybe try uninstalling Quicktime, then see if it works.

We were never really prompted to update our Harmony since it works just fine ever since we got it about a year and a half ago, so I am not sure how to update it. Does it work in a similar way to Storyboard where once it starts up, a pop-up shows that say that there’s an update?

I’m not sure how to check if my account has access to my license/software. Does it show on the “My Downloads” page? I see that there’s ver20.0.5 and two other versions that can be downloaded and I want to be sure if those are the right ones. As of the moment, I don’t have Harmony 20.0.2 installer.

I uninstalled my Quicktime and exported in the same way stated at the start, still nothing.

I also tried to export a different project as Animated GIF, and it was able to export just fine. But in this particular project I worked on, it still doesn’t export right.

Sorry @gasuklay I have been away.

You are not prompted to update in Harmony, but yes Storyboard Pro does have a Check for Updates under help.

Might be best to ask your school/teacher to help going forward.
You are correct, your My Downloads page will show the software you have licenses for. And yes Harmony 20.0.5 is what you are looking for.

Reinstall Quicktime but make sure Harmony is not open(running) when doing so.

Then it has something to do with the way the project is setup. Without seeing it, it will be hard to figure out. Maybe get your teacher to look at it.

It’s alright @steenbeck I understand :))

Thank you very much for your assistance this whole time! I very much appreciate it.
I updated it to 20.0.5 and unfortunately, it still did not export. I’ll try to reach my teacher now when it’s possible.

Thank you again for your time and I am very grateful for your help!

1 Like

Your welcome @gasuklay I try my best when I can.
Best of luck to you!

1 Like