Harmony 15 Crash

I was playing around with guides & rulers, cutter tool and line tool. I then hit CTRL-Z a few times and crashed.

I’m not sure if this is what you need, but here you go:

Windows 10
i7-4810MQ 2.8GHz
980M 8GB
32 GB ram

Treat it as a one-time glitch unless you can
provide steps to reproduce the crash on
demand.

Have you been seeing more crashes? I see them all the time. Harmony 15 is not ready for prime time. I was just moving points around this time. But I will get crashes every day I use it. Is there any way we can provide Toon Boom with more information? Can we turn on core dumping or can we run a debug version that will get TB information to debug these? Is there a new update coming soon that has been hardened?

EventData

HarmonyPremium.exe
59dfc3a0
HarmonyPremium.exe
59dfc3a0
c0000005
00000000004b29ab
4c10
01d362dab2a730ed
C:\Program Files (x86)\Toon Boom Animation\Toon Boom Harmony 15.0 Premium\win64\bin\HarmonyPremium.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Toon Boom Animation\Toon Boom Harmony 15.0 Premium\win64\bin\HarmonyPremium.exe
3bed0767-a268-41a0-bad0-cff09fb7a3a8

I didn’t register more than the very occasional crash since I’m using 15 (on Windows). The issues might be related with specific combinations of hardware/software in your systems?

I am using Harmony 15 on Mac and it is crashing on me too. When I do some selections, or when redoing. It’s never the same thing. And it just shuts down. And I will lose whatever I didn’t save. It is very annoying. I end up switching to Harmony 14 that does not crash.

It happens at least 2 times each time I use it. It just does it randomly. I have version 13055. Is there a newer version I can download maybe?

Turn on the debugging or run it from a terminal using the “-debug” flag to get
more info. On Mac the error reporting is somewhat lazy, they just dump a pile
of memory addresses at you to let you sort it out which most of the time is pointless
as there is no context provided.

For Windows you can go into the Event Viewer to get the much smaller but
contextually relevant information from the Applications log of the Event Viewer.

On Macs it’s often due to a low performance graphic card that simply doesn’t
have enough resources. On Windows it can be anything from a corrupted graphic
card driver to conflicting libraries installed by editing software.

Either way, this can be difficult to diagnose on your own, you are better off contacting
support to have a look on your system if running from a terminal/cmd using the -debug
flag does not give any useful information.

Is the “Help → Debug Mode” the equivalent of cmd line with -debug?

I’ve had the same problem; suddenly the program crashes when press undo and crashes. It’s done this a couple of times in a row when I do this specific function, so I believe it’s being cause by the button. I have no clue how to fix it.

I’ve already made a complaint ticket about this but I thought I’d throw in my two cents here.

I’m using ToonBoom Harmony Premium 15 (and paying through the nose for it) and it keeps crashing when I try to undo something. The something being undone is usually a brush stroke or part of a brush stroke I’ve used the cutter tool on. When I am undoing I press ctrl Z.

Whats annoying is that the previous version of ToonBoom Harmony did not have this issue, I would change back to it if I could but I don’t know how to go about acquiring that version. Not to mention the rage having my progress constantly destroyed by these crashes. Really need a fix. I got work to do. :confused:

I have the same problem : crash with undo. Only with Harmony 15 (Essentials / Advanced / Premium), not 14. My config is enough for this software :

Windows 10
GTX 1060 6 Go
i7-7700k
32 Go Ram

And I don’t think about buying this expensive software (Harmony Advanced) if this issu weren’t to be solded.

Up !

HarmonyEssentials.exe
59dfc37e
ToonBoomPersistentObj.dll
59dfb7a8
c0000005
000000000009c982
31e8
01d3774ad6febe33
C:\Program Files (x86)\Toon Boom Animation\Toon Boom Harmony 15.0 Essentials\win64\bin\HarmonyEssentials.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\Toon Boom Animation\Toon Boom Harmony 15.0 Essentials\win64\bin\ToonBoomPersistentObj.dll
25d35bfd-fab1-46c9-b991-70e6c36b3dfd

Help !