Harmony 14 Advanced. License in sold. Good price

Some body interested? Send me a private Message.
Thanks

This forum does not have private messaging.

It should be mentioned that licenses are non-transferrable so anyone purchasing your license would not be eligible for upgrades or support.

"1. COMMERCIAL END-USER SOFTWARE LICENSE

1.1. In consideration for the payment by YOU to TOON BOOM or to any other person, as designated by TOON BOOM, of the license fees and all other applicable charges for the application (including rental fees), TOON BOOM hereby grants YOU a personal, non-transferable, non-sublicensable and non-exclusive right to use the TOON BOOM HARMONY software, regardless which embodiment of TOON BOOM HARMONY software you have licensed (the “SOFTWARE”) and documentation supplied with the SOFTWARE (the “DOCUMENTATION”) solely for the purposes detailed in this Agreement."

I believe that would be illegal in the EU. If both the seller and buyer live in EU territory, it seems the software license can be ignored, and the software must be allowed to be transferable from seller to buyer.

Of course, I am not a lawyer. But here’s the EU courts’ decision in a comparable case:

https://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=d1ff4369-afcc-4879-97fa-7a8afd8b3380

Yes, that does seem to be the case for permanent licenses.
I may consider selling my Harmony 14 Premium and Storyboard Pro 5 as an EU resident.

That might depend how the license was purchased. If it was purchased directly to Toon Boom, not from a representative in Europe, Quebec and Canadian law would apply. I’m not sure how the terms of the sale would be through a licensed reseller in Europe. It might depend if the European company would assume the position of seller or mere agent. But I’m not sure about the legal technicalities.

12.11. Governing Law and Jurisdiction: This License Agreement shall be deemed to be a contract made under and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Province of Quebec (other than choice of law rules) and the laws of Canada applicable therein. At all times during this License Agreement, the parties hereto agree to comply with all laws, regulations and policies which are in effect in the Province of Quebec and Canada as they may apply to the conduct of business under this License Agreement. The parties hereto hereby agree that the exclusive place of jurisdiction to resolve any claim or dispute relating to this License Agreement shall be the courts located in Montreal, Quebec. Each party hereto hereby irrevocably waives any objection it may have to the venue of any action, suit or proceeding brought in such courts or to the convenience of the forum.