Hardware Upgrade Suggestions

Hey folks,

My main rig has been an early 2008 Mac Pro 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon. It tapped out at OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan and the latest version of Harmony no longer supports it.
I’ve been holding off on upgrading and the announcement of the move to Apple Silicon puts me in a unique position. Any Intel Mac I buy would either be old and facing end of life or expensive and looking down the barrel of planned obsolescence.

I’ve been looking at the Lenovo Yoga A940 which is a cheaper alternative to the Surface Studio. It comes in two models. The pricier F0E5003VUS has a 9th Generation Intel® Core™ i9-9900 Processor with vPro™ and Integrated Intel® UHD Graphics 630. The cheaper F0E5002DUS has a 9th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-9700 Processor with vPro™ and also comes with a AMD Radeon™ RX 560 4GB graphics card. It seems strange to me that the one with the dedicated graphics has a lower processor. I’ve also seen people argue the components are old but it’s a fairly niche machine for a specific audience.

Any suggestions on what I should do? If I need to update my system I figure a 27" 4K UHD touchscreen display with Wacom tech would be a good idea as my Cintiq 21UX is also a little long in the tooth. I’d appreciate recommendations :slight_smile: Thanks!